Sunday, January 26, 2014

Art Anthology; paint love


Hello everyone.
 Today I started out a simple project making a keepsake box. 

The base is a Maya Road chipboard box created in the shape of a flower. It has a cut out front with the translucent piece for the cover. I pulled that out and set it aside while painting the box.

I have these wonderful new paints from art anthology in luscious colors and wanted to try them out. First I applied gesso to the project to prepare the surface for paint. 


 I sprayed the outside of the box with these luscious paint sprays from Art Anthology.  I find drying during the process created a pleasing effect. The spray paints are referred to as colorant sprays and I used Glorious, Studio Blue, Patients and Waimea Bay spray colorants. 
I used the Black Leather and Meridian dimensional paints for the top That I simply applied with a brush. They're both from the sorbet line of paints. They have a lovely iridescence along with the dimensional quality. 


After painting and drying the surface I started to apply my embellishments mostly from Prima. I coated the embellishments with gesso and began using the coloration sprays on them. After adding color I wanted to give the focal point a little more bling. For this, I went back to my dimensional gel paints in the sorbet line. The paint I used was Dazzle. It has a gold glitter effect. I know it's hard to see it in the photographs but it does sparkle. I used a chalkboard embellishment for the top from American Crafts. 





I love the marbling effect the multiple sprays create on the box surface.



I am sure someone can find some keepsakes to store in such a box.


While I had the paints out, I decided to do the layout. I wanted to see how the sprays would react on gesso and paper. When the paint is used to spray over a gesso stenciled area, the colors are soft and a pretty pastel. 


Do you see the tag done with the new Tim Holtz debossing folder from Sizzix? These will be in stores soon. Keep an eye out for all the new releases from CHA.


I also used the sprays on the flowers. Overall I'm well pleased with these new products. Next time I think I will have to pick up some dimensional paint in the tube so I can write my titles.
  
Remember, If you need any of these fabulous paints or other supplies, you can find them at the Scrapbooking Studio. I know the paints are in both stores. If you can't travel to see things up close, remember you can now order on line.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a great weekend.





3 comments:

Laura said...

Ooh, love the box :)

Nan G said...

Wow! Cool effect on the box sides! Love your colorful embellies on the box top.

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!!!