Sunday, October 28, 2012

Art Journal and Compendium of Curiosities 2

Hello bloggers,
Today I was working with the technique used in Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities II for crumpled kraft suede along with my new stamps from Dyan Reaveley. Studio L3 is using this technique for the current challenge. I must say it is one of the coolest!


************************************************************
To participate in CC2C #26, create your own work of art using the Crumpled Kraft Sueded technique on page 40 and link it to Studio L3. You can play as long as you honor these simple rules:
Follow the technique as it's written in A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 2 (adding your own special flair, of course!), and clearly state that the technique comes from Tim's book.  
Include a link to the post in your blog post (or photo description if you're linking from an online photo-sharing site).  
To be eligible to win the $25 shopping spree, you must include a link to The Funkie Junkie Boutique (http://www.TheFunkieJunkie.com).  
Out of respect to Tim, please don't post the technique instructions on your blog! Any entries that don't follow this rule will be unlinked.  
This challenge closes on Thursday, November 1 at 8 pm MTD. Please see the CC2C FAQ on Studio L 3's blog for more information.


So here is a look at the papers I was able to create using this Suede technique.


Don't you just love Dyan's stamps? 
I made a flip page with the paper I created to hide my lettering.

My purple night shade is behind the page.
I used a ton of ink in a range of colors.
Below is the back of the flip page.
More paper samples

Creepy spidys from Dyan. 
I hope you have time to get inky and play along.

No comments: