Monday, August 11, 2014

Art journaling

Hello everyone,
I am preparing for Dina Wakely's class this weekend. I pulled my art journal out and decided it looked pretty shabby. I painted it with a coat of black gesso and that helped some. Then I decided to play with some new product. I had purchased some of the new bloom sprays, so I proceeded to use them on the back cover. This pictures don't show the colors well. I used pearl with the stencil. I then put some of Tim Holtz's rub-ons on top of that layer. I haven't quite figured out what I want to do there next.

 Turning to the front side I decided to try something I had seen done with other products. You know we all have stash just laying around waiting to be used. 

Well I finally decided to use up some of that old scrapbooking stuff. So here's what I came up with. Finnabar would be proud of her student, using all of these objects. 

I decorated a couple of albums her style. You can find them here. While waiting for things to dry I finished up a page I had started some time ago and was unhappy with. I like it a lot better now.  I also coated a few other pages with gesso because I was unhappy with them. Isn't it great that paint can cover up a real mess. Well it's 8 AM now so I'm off to start my day. Oops almost foegot the page pic.
 Ttfn

No comments: