Sunday, May 25, 2014

12 tags of 2014-May

Hello my blogger friends,
Here we are at the end of May and I realized I hadn't created to tag for May yet. This month Tim Holtz challenges us to take out all of our trinkets and use them.  All I can tell you is I have plenty of trinkets and yes, I am a hoarder of all things crafty. I have gotten better about pulling them out of the packaging and using them in the last year, but I'm always worried about not having what I need later, which is silly because I can always go and get it.  It's not like I live in the wilderness and there are no stores around. Additionally I can find things on the Internet and have it to my home in two days. I'm making a pledge to myself that I'm going to use my stash. 

Here's a peek at what I've done. I especially love metal. If you're not familiar with Tim's trinkets you need to check them out. I have a system for all of my packaging. I typically keep things in a 12 x 12 container until they're opened. 

Once they've been opened I placed them in these boxes I found at the secondhand store to store all of the loose items. They are like ones Tim sells. They fold out to display all the goodness inside.


unfolded to show inside


I've decided I'm not going to get any more of these boxes. I'm going to use what I have and replace things as needed. Check back with me next year and see how that goes. Lol

Anyway I had fun using trinkets out of my boxes today. 



Be sure stop by Tim's blog and see all of the tags that were created this month by fellow crafters and of course, the Masters too. I hope you're all having a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies:
Idea-ology Products-Mini gears, pen nibs, regal adornments, word bands, spinner, film strip, crinkle ribbon, bulb, and stars.
Distress Ink-Peeled paint, iced spruce, evergreen bough, gathered twigs.
Papers-Labels, grunge and paper stash.
Alterations-Mini feather and ink well.
Embossing-Springtime texture fade.

No comments: