Thursday, November 07, 2013

WOYWW 231 - Wreath

Hi everyone,
Another week has flown by and today is actually Thursday not Wednesday. Yes I am late. But I still want to show you what I've been working on. This is for friend of mine at work. She needed something that would go with the colors in her home. I did one of these in traditional colors but it just didn't suit her home. I had started this some time ago but these take a bit of time to create.
I had cut strips of paper and scored each at a quarter inch. I used decorative punches on the border. I think I first got this idea from Martha Stewart crafts and Archivers. The rosettes can be assembles in many ways. They can be used to form a Christmas tree. A pumpkin, a turkey and more.
I embellished with some snowflakes I painted and glittered, a few glass balls and some glittered branches.






Be Sure and stop by Julia's place and see what's been on everybody else's desks this week. If you're not sure what I'm talking about you can check it out here




7 comments:

Nan G said...

OMG! What a fabulous wreath! Love the colors and the sparkle. Bet she was thrilled with it! Do you have apic of the full wreath? Loved CC102 so inspiring. 'Sides I'm loving his new distress paints! Thanks for the earlier visit! WOYWW hugs! Nan G #20

Belinda Basson said...

Wow, this is fabulous. I love the pink. Not a colour I would have thought of. I am sure this would take ages as that is a million little folds! #29

VonnyK said...

Your wreath is gorgeous, so much work in there. I love the lace like edges.
It's really beautiful.
Have a great week,
Von #25

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh peg! this is just beautiful! it took my breath away. what a labour of love..I bet your colleague is thrilled skinny.

BJ said...

Gorgeous colours so delicate love it Thanks for visiting BJ #108

505whimsygirl said...

Wow! I love this wreath. I can just imagine the time that it took you to complete it. Thanks for showing us detailed photos - just beautiful.

Happy belated WOYWW
Peace,
Kay (5)

Neet said...

Truly beautiful, I know your friend will love this - anyone would be proud to display it in their home.
hugs, Neet xx