Saturday, June 30, 2012

Splattered Distress

Hello bloggers,
Today I am playing with Creative Chemistry. Tim Holtz has an amazing on line class you may want to take. One of the techniques used in the class has been a problem for me to get the background results I like. As Tim says, " this one can go through a whole lot of ugly." the first tags are a loss but I think I am getting there.
I don't know if you can see any of the shimmer in these photos from the mica powders or not, but the turquoise and gold colors on this tag are mica.
See what I mean about ugly!!!
I think this one is finally achieving what I want. 
This is my mop up towel I folded, stitched and die-cut.
Still working on it...
This is what I ended up with after many trials. The gold mica powder does shimmer, but really doesn't show well in the picture. I think I better visit some sites and post. Seriously Creative blog is using Buttons and twine in June. On this tag I stitched the butterfly button and the flower made from my paper mop up towel with bakers twine. I think the butterfly button is Hero Arts and the inks are from Ranger. Well, got to go do some more work. It will soon be July.

2 comments:

Creative Tara said...

I think this tag turned out just beautiful! Isn't it amazing how things can be transformed with ink :) Thanks so much for joining our Seriously Creative Challenge this month!

Roxy said...

Fabulous, the colours are wonderful, and your flower turned out beautifully!!! Thanks for joining in at our little challenge blog this month, hugs, Roxy.