Saturday, May 05, 2012

Domino Effects (What I do with game pieces)

Some of my Creative Chemistry 1 friends had an interest in stamping on game pieces so I thought I would share some chemistry and show you what it is all about.

These are Dominoes I pre-drilled for stringing later. I need to work on centering. lol

This is a mini journal made from dominoes


not TOO big


It can be strung on a cord or chain

As you can see, dominoes come in many sizes. They come in different colors too. I soak mine in bleach overnight to remove any surface finish. You can use any part of a stamp to stamp on the domino, but turn the stamp up on the table and take the domino to the stamp. Be careful to stamp straight up and down.

You can do a number of different stamping techniques on this surface. Use permanent ink and a synthetic brush, permanent ink pens, or paint pens.Think of dominoes kind of like working on gloss coat paper. The agate and polished stone techniques work well. Be careful when painting. Remember alcohol will push the ink around or lift off images you already stamped. Ready to give it a try?

1 comment:

Barb said...

This is so cool, maybe I should pull out my dominoes again. Loving your choice in colors.