Thursday, May 17, 2007

Digital Scrap

I don't know if any of you have tried digital scrapbooking,
but for me it is a real challenge. This is a page I did for a
book I put together for my mother. I really like what you can do, I just wish it all came to me more easily.

Technology is something I really have to work at to understand. My children are my teachers. It just rolls off them like water off a duck's back. When I first enrolled in college, my DH had to convince me, life would be better if I did my papers on a computer. I still don't know if I was convinced when I was crying at 3 a.m. because I spent all day typing an essay that I now could not get the printer to recognize. Well that wouldn't happen today. I would simply email the paper to my prof. if the printer wouldn't cooperate.

Now that I want to use the computer more for fun than work, you would think I would be enjoying this more. Well, let me tell you, graphic programs are Greek to me. I am still feeling like I am back in college, struggling to make things work. I feel I am having to learn a whole new language. Couple that with the DVD recorder I just acquired from Ebay and the tunes the kids hooked me up with for my MP3 and I really don't know where to begin. I dubbed my first movie today after calling the company to find out what paragraph must have been deleted from the owners manual. I think the poor Hispanic chick I talked to thought I had a problem with her accent when really it was my ineptitude keeping us from accomplishing our goal.

I copied tunes from my computer to my MP3 and back again. Whoohoo...Now on to movies. I wish I knew how many GBs it takes to store the movies I want on an SD so I can play them on a PDA. See what I mean about new languages. I remember the first time we went to visit my mother-in-law in our RV. She kept talking about a VCR and I thought she was referring to the tape player we had given her sometime earlier. Come to find out, what she meant all the time was to say RV. She had no idea that stood for recreational vehicle or what VCR meant. We laugh about that to this day.

No comments: