Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Mini Me at the Kraaft Shaak

Hello all,
Today I got to hang out with some of my fellow crafters on Google plus and play with the new mini me kit that is available from the Kraaft Shaak. As part of the design team we were each to design a mini me so Heather could have her design team close at hand. 

I love metal, gears and all things steam punk. You couldn't tell by just looking at me could you. lol Anyway I have a few process still photos to share. I primed the pieces with gesso, and painted with silver paint. I embossed some metal duct tape and applied it to the wooden pieces. I colored the beades using a silver paint pen. I coated the beads with Glossy accents and set them aside to dry.


And here are a few close-ups. Beads, wires, buttons and metal adorn my crown or hair however you see it. I love working with sculptural elements and creating a completed piece like this. 




I had a lot of fun creating myself in miniature. Be sure and visit the Kraaft Shaak to see Heather's mini and the mini me created by my sisters on the design team. Thanks for stopping by to see what I am doing. Please leave me a comment to let me know you were her. Ttfn Peg and Mini Me




5 comments:

TaborTooth said...

OMGosh, Peg! !! So YOU! ! Everything about this is adorable Peg. love the gecko on the back! and your mini hand, and all those gears are right up your alley, I mean back!!

Artfully said...

This goes with your blog name so well. All those bits and pieces are amazing.

Rose Tresures said...

Wow, that's the neatest thing I ever seen! She turned out just beautiful!! Love your mini you!

Barb said...

Wow that's really impressive Peg. There's so much to it. I'm sure you really had fun making your mini me xx

Unknown said...

Peg the mini me was really cute! I love the steampunky look as well. I have seen Heather, Shel & Your's so far and I love them all!! This was a really unique project for you guys to do. I really like it!
Big Hugs!!
Reeah.