Sunday, January 18, 2015

DLP Week 3 -Color on the Blank Page - Georgia O'Keeffe inspiration

Hello my Blogger friends.
We are already in week three of the documented life project 2015. This week we are inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe.
January Theme
The Blank Page and How to Face It!
January 17
Art Challenge:  The Color Wheel
Journal Prompt:  "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way . . . “    - Georgia O’Keeffe
Many of you are familiar with Ms O'Keeffe's Southwestern style and colorful flowers. I have been playing with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals. It is a product that is new to me and I want to learn about it. Magicals are water based pigments that are highly concentrated. Because I wanted to work on watercolor paper, this page is a tip-in to my journal. My message is clear. color outside the lines. I was in a happy place crafting with friends today. I think that shows in the page that I have created. The colors are vivid and warm. Besides the Magical's I used some watercolor pencils from Royal Langnickel an inexpensive but effective set of 24.




Thanks for dropping by. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think about this page or anything else you wish to discuss. I love to hear from you. Ttfn

No comments: