Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Wax Resist

Hello everyone,
I found another challenge for you. Miss Moth (Finnabair) has started a regular challenge on the Mixed Media page. The colors this month are black, white and gray plus a few more. I hope you can join in. I thought I would use my black, white and gray backgrounds (with a bit of color added) for my submission this month. I can't wait to see what everyone does.

I had a great day with the Gplus community. Heather was at her best and showed lots of stamping techniques. That always makes my brain work better. Well, something like that anyway. I got to thinking about resist techniques. So I had to come to the studio and play. I don't know if I invented this technique or not, but I've never seen it donequite like this before. I die-cut waxed paper, then ironed the image onto another piece of paper and used the wax as a resist. I videotaped what I had done so you can see firsthand. I also took some stills of the finished cards that I made with the paper backgrounds I created. Here is the video.


Be sure and stop by the Kraafter Shaak and check out Heather's video. She has a real treasure trove waiting for you. If you like what you see, please come and join us in the Google plus group. There are many friendly faces and a boat load of knowledgeable crafters. There will be glass etching and stamp carving to name a few topics coming up this month. I hope to see you there. Also remember to get your challenge submissions done. I will be watching to see what you do.








Supplies used in the making of these cards
Penny Black T is for transparent Stamps -  Enjoy
Martha Stuart butterfly punch
EK butterfly punch
Sookwang tape
Memory box die Catalina 98123
Tim Holtz alterations die cobwebs
Tailored expressions dies #TE426
Ranger black Archival Ink
Gelly Roll pen white

No comments: