Sunday, September 14, 2014

Paper Cut

Hi everyone, 
So I've been running the wheels off of the car. I've been to Chicago and Omaha twice, each. This weekend I spent in Appleton Wisconsin with some of my buddies from Milwaukee. 
Yesterday was the Paper Cut warehouse sale. I had gone in early the day before and attended some of Sarah's classes. We had made some slider cards and I thought these would be fun for the grandchildren. I purchased a variety pack of slider pre-cut paper and found there was no orange included. What do you do when faced with this dilemma? Why make one yourself. If you're not familiar with slider cards it's one that you pull on a tab and a piece slides out from the inside.
I cut a piece of orange card stock to 4 x 10.5". Using the lifestyle crafts nesting card template cookie die I cut the center piece that's going to slide. I was sure to leave one end of the rectangle die without the top plate cover when I sent it through the diecut machine. This makes a partial cut. 
Using my scoreboard I scored the inside of the slider cut at 1 inch 2 1/2 inches and 4 inches. This is folded with the mountain valley fold. Place a quarter inch piece of tape on the small fold at the bottom of the scored piece. This is where you attach the slider card. The slider is cut to 4.5 x 3". 
You can decorate or embellish the front in anyway you like. I used to Tim Holtz alterations embossing folder on the front of mine. The owl on the slider is an embossing folder from Sizzix. The stamps and dies used on the front are tim holtz alterations 659374 Sizzix retro Halloween. I used some black soot distress ink to highlight the embossing on the front. 
The card base is Excalibar steel metallic. I just love the shimmer on this card stock and have it in a number of colors. The chalice silver is also beautiful. The orange  paper I used is orbit orange 65 pound card stock, just perfect for those Halloween cards. Well I hope you enjoyed my little make and take. Have a great day. The video view. Follow the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcinJkkCoHA&list=UUOcdAuTflbqZYwONo18CxqA

No comments: