Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Challenge 3 CC3 - Tea Rose


Hello gentle readers,
Linda Ledbetter has posted the new challenge that follows Tim Holtz's new book, Compendium of Curiosities III. Stop over there and take a look around. You may want to try it yourself.  Just in case you don't know what I'm talking about you can read all about it hereLinda Ledbetter and her crew have put together a wonderful challenge for all of the compendium of curiosity readers.
There's a whole crew of artists contributing to this particular event. I hope you can join in.

 In addition to all of the inspiration, there are some wonderful sponsors involved. Inspiration Emporium and Funky Junky Boutique along with Tim and Mario are going to have goodies for some lucky winners with every new challenge for those entering this challenge. So grab your book and get started creating. There are also some discounts going on so you'll probably want to check it out and get your shopping done while supplies last. I had ordered a copy of the book from Tim sometime ago so I am on a roll.

This challenge is all about  Tim’s beautiful Faux Tea Rose Technique, which you’ll find on page 65 of A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. #3.
Out of respect for Tim I cannot tell you about the process but I will tell you about the other things that I did. 
I got started making roses and didn't know when to quit.  I decided to try out the black magic technique that I was introduced to from Eileen's Craft Zone. I absolutely love the dramatic look of bright color on a black background. 

I made enough roses to make two additional cards. One I'm using for a retirement and the other is a birthday. I used Tim's newest line of paper, Wallflower, for the background on them.

I decided to try some different white ink to see which one I liked the best. I think the picture tells the story. I like the Colorbox Pigment ink. You do need to take the time to dry it. The others work but are not as bright.

I still have more roses to use so don't be too surprised to see them in future projects. 


I sprayed the blue roses with Perfect Pearls Mists in smoke blue and antique gold to add a touch of shimmer.


I tried several different media to add color over the white stamped images. The butterfly card is done with gel pens, and metallic pencils. The wishing card is colored with Prismacolor pencils.
I am not sure which I like the best. they are so different.

I touched the tips of the lavender roses with a Wink of Stella glitter pen.


Well that's about it for today. I am headed to election poll training. Hope I can figure out the new software. Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: