Sunday, April 27, 2014

12 tags of 2014 - April

I know April is almost gone, but I really have the desire to do the 12 tags of 2014. If you want to know more about this check out Tim's tag here. Here's my take on this months' creation. Maybe now I will do January, February and March. I really love how the little bird on this tag becomes colorful with the addition of archival ink.  Have a great weekend. 

The Process:
Gold tinted embossing paste applied lightly to a tag. 
Dry the paste. 
Apply vintage photo distress ink to the tag. 
Stamp background with plum and coffee archival ink. 

Die cut the honeycomb from several different papers applied to grunge board. 
Attach pieces to the tag and insert different color cut outs into the honeycomb. 
Stamp a phrase on the journaling ticket and distress the edges. 
Cut two tattered pine-cones and form roses. 
Distress and attached desired embellishments. 

No comments: