Saturday, October 17, 2015

Sparks and Sparkle KSDT2015 October Fun

Hello all
Time for a new Saturday Spark of Kreativity at the Shaak.

I love this time of year even if it is the advent to winter and all that come with the snow and ice. The trees are turning and it is apple picking season. The pumpkins are ripe and ready for carving. Soon the little gremlins will be heading out with their treat bags and costumes. We always enjoy seeing the neighborhood kids all excited and having fun.So to help with the celebrations I decided to make a decoration for my door to greet the trick-o-treat-ers. 

I started off with a chipboard piece from the back of a paper pack. These are great to recycle. I don't recommend using these for archival pieces because it contains acid, but it is great for seasonal decor.  I sketched out several shapes (boot, stocking, buckle, bat) and cut them out of the chipboard. I then coated the pieces front and back with black gesso.



Well you get the idea. Here is a video of the process.




Don't you just love glitter??? Remember the Kraaft Shaak has some great glitters to pick from in the store.
Once the shoe/boot was complete, I turned my attention to the wreath it was to decorate. 


I used an 18" frame from the craft store, decorative ribbon. lights, craft picks and wire to create a base for the decorations.


I wired and hot glued everything together.


I added a few sparkly foam letters in Halloween themed words and called it good.


Well that is it for this week, but be sure to check out the other team members and see what Kraafty goodness they are brewing up. Be sure and stop by the Kraaft Shaak and see what Heather is doing too. If you like what we bring you, be sure to support the Shaak on Patreon. There are rewards awaiting you. ttfn See you again soon. Peg


6 comments:

Heather said...

Oh by golly. That is GORGEOUS! !!

I must glitter everything now!!

Thanks for the kind words Peg. You are a vital part to why the Kraft Shark is such a good place to be.
Thank you for this spark of creativity!!!

TaborTooth said...

Soo Sooooo cute, Peg!!! What a great door Decor to greet those little urchins!!! I love that Sparkle and those colors - oh those colors!!! Thanks for the shout out too, your so sweet!!! And, YES, we must recycle, we must recycle!!! hahaha

Unknown said...

That is so darn cute! Another grand slam right out of the park!

VickiRossArt said...

I had to giggle cause I would have worn stripes socks and Puritan boots as some point in my past...

Artfully said...

This is so fun! Great Spark!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a fun project, Peg! Brilliant!