Friday, October 09, 2015

Pan Pastel Background

Hello everyone,
 Just a quick post to show you some things I am learning working with Pan Pastels. I did a journal page first. I was trying out some products to se how they would react and play with each other.
If you would like to see my process the video is here.

then I created a canvas while crafting in a Kommunity hangout.
I had used Acrylic Ground for Pastel and then applied a coat of gesso before adding Pan Pastels.
I also used a Donna Downey, Crafters workshop and Hero Arts stencil, Martha Stewart silk screen and FW pearlescent liquid Acrylic.
I am really enjoying working with this new to me medium.


3 comments:

Barb said...

Your journal and canvas all all very beautiful Peg. Just going to watch your video. Barbxx

Barb said...

Hi Peg, I really enjoyed your video. Pink and yellow are one of my favourite colour combos. I've done a little with pan pastels but don't have as many lovely colours as you do. I fixed mine with cheap hairspray but think I need some of the pastel fixative .... That plum inkpad is a glorious colour too. Thanks for sharing. Barbxx

Art By Wanda said...

These are beautiful, Peg!!!