Saturday, August 08, 2015

Back to school

Spark some Kreativity Saturday @ the Kraaft Shaak 

Hello all my Blogger friends.
Thanks for stopping by to take a look and see what I've been doing.  Today is my day sharing with you as a design team member for the Kraaft Shaak for the August challenge. It is my honor and privilege to be chosen for this amazing team. Heather is the sweet store owner who truly cares about the community she has created and shares her talent with us all on a regular basis. This month we are talking about back to school. Yup, not that far away now. I have a few little people in my life who are readying for this life event. So this is some of how I plan to help. Following are projects I created,, are easy enough for you to do and could be done with the kiddos. 
Starting with a wooden panel from the craft store...sand rough surfaces and


paint the surface with a blue chalk paint. Add lettering, doodles, a cute fox and command clips. Now it is a great way to display artwork from school. 



Then I found a premade apron to dress up and keep painty spills off school clothes at the local craft store. The hot pink ruffle just said, take me home and jumped in my shopping cart. Well, you know how I am with a blank canvas. I had to alter it. I remembered the stencils that came in my Mixed Media kit from the Kraaft Shaak and knew what I wanted to do.
Using the stencil supplied in my mixed media kit I painted the ruffle. Then I use some white Dina Wakley paint  with the new  tip to write and draw designs.  The heavy bodied paint is similar to dimensional paint, thick and creamy. Then I found a bottle of hot pink glitter glue to jazz it up some more. 



Oh and I wasn't done yet. There are surfaces still available for me to paint. lol

I figure every kid needs a lap board to clip paper to when doing homework while flopped on the bed or couch. Right??? I started with dollar store clip boards. The blue one is done with book covering from the same store, chalkboard and Dina Wakley paints using Tim Holtz's Schoolhouse stencil. The pink and white is Dina heavy body paint and hot pink Pebeo. I wanted it to look like the bokeh camera effect so I painted using a round sponge.


Well that's my take on the back to school challenge. 


   check out the other posts over at the Kraaft Shaak. There are a ton of videos to watch, other blogs to follow and loads of inspiration and fun! ttfn

P.S. If you stop by the Kraafters Kommunity on Google+ you can see pictures of a Gelli®  play day we had recently. I printed scarves, shirts and pencil cases.
P.P.S. Heather has some awesome exclusive products made from her own art. What a great way to share her talent with others while supporting the Shaak.

Where else will you find me...
Facebook            Bits-n-Pieces    
Instagram            pegadkinsrobinson
Twitter                  @pegarobinson
Pinterest              www.pinterest.com/epixie/

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous stuff, Peg. I love the bokeh effect clip board (she says, eyeing a plain brown clipboard she spies in her room). Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

I love the stuff you've made peg. That pink apron is adorable. Barbxx

Unknown said...

So loving these...they are wonderful!

Artfully said...

With all this wonderful stuff how can you not be set for an amazing school year?! Love all the projects you created!

Nanettesplace said...

Love them all! What did you use yo make the owl face?

Unknown said...

I suspect that there is an art posting board in my future! Maybe even a couple clipboards! Thanks for the inspiration Peg, your project will definitely help my kids out!

Unknown said...

WOW! You are SuperKraafter-Woman! I love all the projects especially the plaque and the apron!!
You Rock!
Reeah.

Heather said...

What a wonderful way to bring the back to school theme out! You made THREE projects!!!
I love the artwork sign. Perfect way to display anything and it can be adapted to any theme. I saw that apron and if almost jumped in my cart too.
Clipboards are a downfall for me. I just love them and how you decorated them makes me want them more!!!!

TaborTooth said...

Oh my Peg, your kreativity just keeps working overtime!!! TWO clipboards, an amazing apron and an Art Display rack!!! I'm stealing several ideas here - thanks for the Sparks of Kreativity, Buddy!!!

VickiRossArt said...

Love the command center Foxy rack! I just bought some to be able to hang stuff on my cube units...good way to keep littles safe

Dapoppins said...

So much to love here Peg! Super cute. I don't know how you get it all done!