Monday, May 21, 2012

Tissue Paper Challenge



Technique 6: Tissue Wrap Collage

Okay, I didn't follow step by step but did my own twist this week. This is a 5X7 piece that I wanted to incorporate the painted flower pot and UTEE coated flowers into. I absolutely fell in love with the look of these mini flowers. I spent several hours just coating all kinds of flowers with UTEE

Linda has given us a fun challenge this week. To participate in CC2C #6, simply create your own work of art using the Tissue Wrap Collage technique on page 38 and link it to the Studio L3  blog. You're good as long as you honor these simple rules:
Follow the technique as it's written in A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 2 (adding your own special flair), and clearly state that the technique comes from Tim's book. 
Include a link to Studio L3 post in your blog post (or photo description if you're linking from an online photo-sharing site).  
Also, please include a link to this week's sponsor, The Funkie Junkie Boutique (http://www.zibbet.com/TheFunkieJunkie).  

So for this challenge this is what I created.






May is the month for my youngest daughter's  anniversary. They have been married 10 years this May and are one of the greatest couples I know. I am so proud of their relationship and parenting.


Alright, enough of the proud parent stuff. Here is a close up of the detail. Don't you love the flowers?  Got to LOVE UTEE!!  I used a candle cup painted with crackle paint and coated with stain and glossy accents.  Anyway, I am going to submit this piece for the challenge. Hope you have a crafty week.

4 comments:

Shelann said...

Beautiful job. Love your flowers, have not tried that technique yet. Tried the tissue collage and failed miserably, so thought I'd look here for inspiration! Thx

barbwire802 said...

Great card. Love the flowers.

Eileen said...

I not only love the Flowers !! I love all of this and adore the flowers !!
Magic

Eileen xx

Creatique Candy said...

Wow!!! Such detail I'm smitten over your gorgeous creations. TFS HUGS