Friday, April 20, 2012

ACA4

Hi bloggers,
Today it was all about die cutting off the edge. I used a great stamp and die set from Hero Arts and Sizzix to create this card. I will try it again later and work on the coloration part. The picture makes it look even worse than it is. Note to self, I need more markers in the orange hues. I also tried some new to me Ranger products on this. I used Distress Stickles to shimmer up the butterflies and Cappuccino Perfect Pearls Mists to get some shimmer on the paper. Over all I was happy with the technique, but need more practice.


Then I tried creating a card within a die cut...
More on this to come.

6 comments:

Denim Days said...

Hi Peg,
I think you did a lovely job with this card. I have just added this set to my ever growing wish list, and will be very proud if I can do such a good job with it. I am off to play with today's lesson now(just got home from work)...wish me luck
:) Tracey
ps thanks for visiting my blog!

Samantha said...

I don't know what I'm more taken with the great cutting & layout or the beautiful inking/coloring! This turned out so beautifully!

Winnie said...

Another beautiful card. I love the background you made as it really offset those beautiful flowers and butterflies perfectly.

Ginny said...

Fabulous! The coloring looks perfect, and the perfect pearls look awesome! Makes me want to get this stamp and die set.

cassie said...

great job on the Partial Die Cutting assignment!

Anonymous said...

have to agree with someone else, can't decide which is most impressive the die cutting or the coloring. gorgeous!